How do you stay positive when so many things are negative? How do you do what’s right? How do you maintain your morals but still send a message. My life seems to be a little rough at the moment. Eye for an eye. You deserve what you do to others. I’m confused and overwhelmed but confirming more and more with myself that I am a good person with a kind heart. Feeling mentally drained.
On a lighter note, today is my baby Bunny’s 3rd birthday. Talk about something being cute, fuzzy, cuddly, and perfect. Her breath may smell like stinky fish, and it makes me mad when she jumps and scratches me at the door, but she is my best friend. The only mammal that will lay with me for hours on end when I’m happy and sad. Forever my girl, my bud.
Sometimes things just work themselves out. I was so worried about Bunny having to be put to sleep I freaked out and didn’t explore my options. We went for a consultation at the vet that Bunny was spayed at Dr.Hunt. She said ” oh, it looks like we can nip that thing right off and put some staples in it.” Right then she swooped up Bunny and took her in the back and 5 minutes later she was back with a bandaid on. I feel so at ease and the vet really was the sweetest. We just have to go back in 10 days to get the staples removed and they are going to do a biopsy on the bump. We’ll see I’m happy for now though
I wrote this long post about me being happy, bored, uninterested, nervous, etc and it didn’t save at all so now I’m stuck with this. Now feeling annoyed and not thinking this post is too special. I wrote about how Bunny has a bump on her and needs to be put to sleep in order to have it removed, a fairly routine procedure, and how I was crying and overreacting and sad for like 3 days about it. I can’t help being an emotional woman who loves her dog, sheesh! To wrap up the previous post I took Bunny for a walk today because it’s 60 degrees in January, I can’t eat anything in my fridge because the door was left open and everything is room temp, I’m going to dinner with Matt who’s going on a snowboarding trip this weekend, and I’m cranky and hungry now.
The first year I had Bunny, I had a lot to learn as far as keeping her clean and making it a routine so she didn’t get any infections. Multiple vet visits later, I realized the bully breed does need special care. She was new to me and everything in my eyes was the biggest deal, ha. I learned to deal and maintain by cleaning her and keeping her skin protected. Here’s a couple of must have’s for my frenchie.
1. wet wipes- A MUST. constantly having to wipe her wrinkles on her face so dirt doesn’t build up and well as her b e h i n d. she was getting a lot of skin irritation so I always make sure she’s all wiped up and clean especially when she rolls in goose poop. I don’t take her to softball without em!
2.vaseline – her poor little nose get’s so dry and crusty. this is literally a magical fix and after 2 days of putting it on she’s good as new.
3. HER BONE- what would we do without it? probably sleep more but she loves the dang thing. sometimes it scares me how hard she chews it and i swear she’s not going to have any teeth by the time she’s 3. although she does need her teeth cleaned because she has stinky breath, this keeps some crud off.
4. nail clippers – bunny scratches me bloody when i walk in the door whether it’s for 5 minutes or 7 hours. i’ve tried to train her (probably not in the right way) but she can’t seem to break the habit. first it was cute, now it just hurts. nonetheless keeping her nails trimmed saves us all.
I had to learn a lot having a french bull dog for the first time, let alone it being my first solo dog. Other than making sure she’s clean and happy her other biggest hurdle is being in the heat. It really is hard to keep her super active in the summer or can’t take her to the park cause it’s too hot for her to walk.
I really did end up with a good girl. Doesn’t chew or go potty in the house. I’d say her biggest weakness is other leashed dogs when she’s walking. She’s developed this weird aggression at first until i let her get close then she wants to play but a lot of dogs aren’t always down with her dominance. But I mean, look at her…
Quick update, feelin like a big loser because this blog is suffering
Bunny’s doing great. Took her to a check up and has a slight ear infection but everything else looks great. She’s my best friend, don’t know what I would do without her. She needs her teeth cleaned her breath is horrendous but the vet told me I would need to knock her out then they put a tube down her throat! Ah, I’m not sure if I’m ok with that at all. I’m thinking about going back to the vet who fixed her because they specialize in french bulldogs.
Thanksgiving is already tomorrow, I swear I don’t know where the time goes. The only thing I do know is I will be making and consuming a ton of food. Can’t wait to see mom and my niece and nephew and all the dogs together. For the second half of eating we are going to go to Matt’s aunts house, always a good time. To end the night there’s an awesome show at a small bar, Pat’s in the Flats in Cleveland.
Just to make it not a text only, here’s some of Bun, my new favorite watch/moms bracelet, and my favorite salad that not only do I eat every day but will be making for my mom’s dinner tomorrow whether they like it or not!..cause I do.
1. matthew’s birthday/dinner/opening night at Nano Brew
2. “roar on the shore” bands/booze/boat/cleveland
3. catie’s birthday at le petite/beverages/cheese plate/omelette/yum
4. flats in cleveland/anthony’s loft/romeo the pup aka cookie n crame
5. “zero zest” ice cream/ parma/ohio
6. barbie outfit/nothing black/new platforms (finally!!!)/bunny may/flowers from babe