Happy belated valentines day to all of my loves of my life. Hope everyone got nice and crafty for our beloved made-up holiday. There’s nothing like a bouquet of flowers sitting on the table when you come home with a hunk behind em. In the spirit of valentines day, heres some blow yer buns off blueberry muffins that I made..
what you’ll need:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted room temp butter
- 3 cups and 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar (plus a lil more for muffin tops)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
what to do:
- Butter muffin tins- can use small or large, i used large.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt- set aside.
- In mixer cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- On low, mix in flour mixture and milk alternating until combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Divide into tin and sprinkle sugar on top.
Bake until golden, 45 minutes at 375 degrees (rotate trays in oven half way through), then wait to cool on wire rack before eating- or don’t, I didn’t.
recipe from Martha Stewart here
It’s so easy to get discouraged when you bake and things don’t go according to plan even though you followed all the steps but DON’T, it’s too much fun and friggin delicious.